Thursday 31 July 2014

The Dirtes




The Dirties... 
I just watched this movie last night and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since, it's really struck me and made me contemplate about a lot of things.

The Dirties stars Matt Johnson and Owen Williams, who both haven't really been in anything before, in fact, this is Owens first film.
After doing a bit of research I also found out that The Dirties was directed and written by Matt Johnson, which is also the first film he's ever made, holy crap!
Damn, he did a good job.


This film does the held cam footage stuff during the entire film, which made me think at the start "Oh great, another one of these", but then as the movie progressed I actually didn't mind it, and it's probably the first movie I can think of that actually can pull of that style!
 What really stands out in this film, with the held camera footage stuff is because during the entire movie they show the self-awareness of the camera and the wireless microphone's they're using. Although at some points it doesn't really make sense, so I try not to think of this movie as  a kind of 'based on true events' movie because of some of the scenarios. 
What I also like about the film is that they don't show the camera men even though you know that there are people filming it during the entire movie, they pull it off very inconspicuously.
  
I'm a really big movie fan, I can't tell you how many I've seen, but I reckon at this point, I know how to have an opinion about a film and also notice a lot of things in a film and contemplate ideas on why these people did what they did. So anyway, in The Dirties there are just huge references to other films during the entire movie, I loved it, and oh man, the ending credits, the best I've ever seen, well done, well done.


Now, I won't spoil too much about the film, mostly because I think this is a great film to just go into without knowing anything about it, so don't even look it up! I'll just let you know that it's set in a school environment.

I really love this film, there's so many unique aspects to it, for example in the film both Matt and Owen have their names in the film. 
I think that having their own names in the films says a lot, mostly because of the type of film this is, there could be a lot of controversy behind it, and it shows how much they don't give a damn (that's how I see it), and that's something I can really appreciate.

I'd really like to support The Dirties, because I did enjoy the film, and also because the film only had a budget of $10,000, which isn't alot for a movie. So instead of renting it, i've purchased it too, and if there's any other way I can help the film i'd be more than willing to do what I can.

I just keep loving more and more of this film whenever I think about it, I'll definitely be watching it again, although it won't be the same as the first time I think it will definitely be a good film to analyze overtime. Plus Kevin Smith sponsored The Dirties through his movie club, he said that "The Dirties is the most important movie you will see all year." So if that doesn't convince you to see this movie, I don't know what will.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Metal Girl 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.