Sunday 27 July 2014

Violet Box July Unboxing



My god, I have had so many troubles with Violet Box, but i'm still not sure if this is going to be a negative review or not.
Violet Box is an Australian and New Zealand beauty subscription box, for Australians it costs $22.95 a month and comes with 5-6 samples each month.


I think the packaging is the best part about this box, it comes in a box inside a box!
 Once you open up the first box you find this really cool second box, I really like the design of the box, I could definitely use it for other things in the future. The packaging really shows the 'effort' put into the boxes (possibly).
 Definitely using this wrapping paper too, I felt so bad that I had to open it up and wreck the pretty packaging, it felt so delicate.

The first product is this Skin & Co Truffle Therapy Serum, which is supposedly said to reduce fine lines and wrinkles while also increasing skin hydration. It really does smell like truffles though, it's so nice!!!
 

The next product is the Sukin Skin Purifying Facial Mask (which i'm wearing right now while writing this review) which is a clay base full of things such as aloe vero, rose hip, jojoba oils, bentonite and kaolin, which is supposed help clean your pores and nourish your skin. 


 This product is the KMS California Hair Play Molding Paste, but now that I have a shaved head I can't use this product so i'm giving it to a friend of mine Liv Coffey, who's the best chick (and a great photographer).

Oh yeah, this product is definitely for me, so fitting, I wear pink lipstick all the time! My favourite colour!!! If you know me then you'll know the colour lipstick I wear goes along the lines of: purple, black, blue and red. 
I guess I shouldn't complain too much, it's a nice colour and has a nice consistency as well, just not for me. It's the LAQA&Co Sheer Lip Lube Pencil in an unknown colour.

 This is the Dr. Hauschka Lavander Sandalwood Calming Body Wash, which as it's titled, does smell truly like lavander. Comes in a tiny bottle though, and it really messy.. :(
 

This is the So Susan Flutter Mascara, and this is probably the only product I actually find okay so far, it has a nice, fruity kind of flavor, and the packaging is so lovely. I've been wearing it for a few days now and the only bad thing I can say it that it's really, really fragile, so it just goes everywhere and you have to add coats and coats if you want thicker looking lashes, so if you wanted a more natural look, this would be so great for you, because it is actually a really nice mascara.
  

And I also got a sample of a Beyonce perfume??? Thanks?


Overall.... I don't really like this box.. I've had quite a few problems with this company and I think the results of the box has made it an even worse experience. 
To start my story off, I put in my order for the July box more than a month ago and didn't get the June box because it was sold out, so after I put my order through everything was fine, and I kept checking throughout the month to check if the money had processed through, but it hadn't. I looked on my account and was really confused because then my account was saying that I was going to get the August box, even though I asked and paid for the July box! So I contacted Violet Box and told them about my situation... I heard nothing back, for two weeks I waited, then sent another email, and still, to this day, no message back. 
I mean, I am really happy that I got to try Violet Box, because i've been dyeing to try them ever since they came out. But there was just too many disappointments, another example of a disappointment, was the actual products in the box, none of them have stood out to me, and none of them really cater to me taste. 
If I could actually get to talk to Violet Box, i'd ask them to have some surveys (that worked) about peoples actual needs in the boxes, for example, what colour lipstick they'd wear and whether they have hair or not. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Metal Girl 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.